Saturday, August 05, 2006

microwave in new home = Ben the electrician.


kitchen2
Originally uploaded by Ben from England.
Moving the microwave to the rack, its new home meant putting a new plug in behind the rack, and tapping the wires for another socket further round the kitchen, behind the washer. After much consulting with my esteemed and very wise Father I decided to do it the quick and dirty way, as they have in other places in the apartment, I should have run another spur from the 'consumer unit' in the hall, with its own fuse and therefore isolator. but after a bit of digging around I found another occasion where they had just tapped an existing power socket spur for two plugs, and just bi-wired each socket, which is what I did, there was enough slack in the conduit, to make the live and neutral stretch up to the plug and the earth was extended with another section of cable, perhaps not the best way, but its only the earth, no current. Nice.

No comments: