Sunday, March 07, 2010

How to show my online character offline?

This image I made try's to show the Online identity of Ben Pawson, I;m thinking about including it in my CV, to stand out a bit.

Social networking yes, but what else makes up who I am online. And is that useful or relevant offline? Does it add something to my CV for example? Should I take out Twitter for example, does it show that I'm not serious about it, and what does that say about me?

What would an employer say that I have nearly 3000 photos online, it certainly backs up the 'creative'; aspect of my CV, unless all those pictures are of my cat, in which case that makes me weird (sorry cat lovers). What if I added my online dating stats?

Love to hear what you all think.

Ben

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As an employee.... I would assume your attention to detail is not great - you do not have a capital M on March and you assume that the potential employer knows that the logos all stand for... I for one do not know what 'in' is... and i am a techy person!? Also - your ebay feedback range - bit vague... if you are being so precise about how many photos and friends you have and are relating it back to a month - then why could you not put your exact feedback number in?
But as a concept - i think its very forward thinking... and can see this being the way of the future. I for one always look up on Facebook a potential design candidate to see whether they are on the ball so far as privacy and if their profile photo is them off their tits etc...?!

Hope that helps and was constructive enough!

xxx